Beatrice do the Watusi + style

Keep the clothes rolling
I am gonna try and keep up with all the shows and then post little tidbits from the ones that I favored. So... if you wanna see coverage on the entire Spring 2010 Fashion Week then I suggest just going over to style.com and clicking away. This is basically just for me to showcase some of my favorite pics so far,,, and to assess where Spring 2010 has gone. So, without further ado, my point of view. Seems that designers are either going all out shredded, studded, bleached, and pinned up or taking things in a more minimal approach. I have to say, though, with the economy the way it is, designers really seem to be sticking to clothes that have the runway to everyday feel rather then totally off the wall, how am I ever gonna get away with that look. As for color, so far seems to be an orange kind of season. Tons of leather all over the place, especially in Jenni Kayne. Chambrays in full effect with prints galore. Still, a very menswear driven season with plenty of girly sheer fabrics. Been seeing lots of flats on the runways mixed with high heeled wooden clogs and bold black leather platforms. Socks and heels are definitely taking the front row, along with great knee highs and the obvious oxford. Pics that got me going! Organic by John Patrick = nude chiffons, egg shell khaki, dainty floral print, leather bottoms, and a great hue of blue. Definitely plan on rocking the rolled down knee highs. This collection was simply styled yet totally desirable.

Vena Cava = tribal prints, purple lips, laser cut silks, blazers, chiffons and cardigans. These girls definitely took the more lady like approach. Still very Brooklyn but you can tell that they have matured quite a bit! Reminds me of the Simply Irresistible video by Robert Palmer.

Rachel Comey = hippie like prints, flowing pants, skorts galore, orange hues, hot pants, rompers delight, and lovely little socks and clogs. Lots of great pieces that work together as a whole or on their own mashed up with your closet favorites.

Jenni Kayne = sunshine yellow, chambray, sequins galore, leather biker shorts, black buttons, cropped tops, hot-ass shoes, bold blazers, and mens pants. I am double dying for those leather biker shorts. These looks are classic and cool! Not one look I wouldn't rock... okay maybe not the cropped tops but all others are top notch.

Keep your eyes peeled for my Fashion Night Out photos coming soon!!