Beatrice do the Watusi + super

centuries of lov'n
I have always been a Cartier girl.. maybe it's because growing up both of my parents had Cartier watches or maybe because their jewls are just that amazing. Cartier is now celebrating their 100th year in America. Seeing all the marvelous adds and the wondeful displays in the store has only reminded me of how much I love them.. their designs are timeless and full of meaning.. for example my favorite piece, the one I hope to own soon enough......... the love bracalet.

how much more special does it get then your one true love screwing the bracalet on you to never be taken off without the screwdriver that they can wear around their neck!

or the stunning panther ring... who wouldn't feel so super special with this on their finger.. of course minus the fact it is mega mega $$$!

yes this is the same ring I have posted about in my past wish lists!

I love going to their flagships store here in NY... read this: "Pierre, the second of the three Cartier brothers, found a site at 712 Fifth Ave. in New York. Unfortunately it was on the second floor, not an ideal location to attract customers to what was fast becoming the finest shopping street in Manhattan. But such was the draw of the legendary jewelers that customers flocked regardless. Among them was the man who owned the last private mansion to be built in that part of town. In 1917, Robert W. Plant sold his home on the corner of Fifth Avenue and 52nd Street to Cartier for $100 and a pearl necklace that was valued at $1 million. It was a gift for his wife, one of many society ladies who bought astonishing jewels at astonishing prices in an attempt to out-bling each other."

brilliant!!! only $100 and of course a 1 million dollar necklace! if you go to the store right now you will see unique Cartier creations including many from private collections. The exhibit will be on view through May 21, after which it will move to the Beverly Hills Cartier from June 1-14.

I will always love you Cartier!!!!

all these jewls,,, and I almost forgot to tell you... my brother and his girlfriend, Rebecca, got engaged yesterday!!! congrats to you both! xox