Beatrice do the Watusi + spring

moving on to italy
fashion week has finally made its way to milan. I figured I would just throw some images at you of the shows I was most intrigued by... of course I must say Prada definitely takes the cake. Miuccia Prada's collection feels very rigid and wild... kind of like a warrior meets caveman all the way down to fisherman.. especially the boots. Seems as though you could wade in some deep waters with those, or even better go trudging through the streets of Manhattan today (we got 6 inches of snow). I am not sure about the mohawk heels but they are interesting to say the least!

Marni pulled of the fun and totally wearable ensemble.. it was a bit reminiscent of mj for spring 09 but she still managed to put the classic Marni touch to all looks. lots of brocade fabrics and embellished trims. I am loving the geometric looking tights and all the glasses, only not to sure about those gorilla looking gloves!

and then you have Botegga Veneta which was totally glamour but very subdued. monotone styling with a flesh tone palette but of course not leaving out black. naturally simple and yet draped to perfection! I only wish I had an event to wear this gown too!