Beatrice do the Watusi + style

I'm watching you
There are plenty of trends that have already made themselves known for fall 2009. One of the strongest I have seen has been cutouts. Everyone has thrown triangle like slashes and tears to either pants, shirts and even dresses. Then of course you have the great depression look... mens wear transformed into feminine silhouettes with extremely sharp edges. This look in particular I am loving because it seems to be taking tailoring to the next level and goes great with the punk rock accessories it's being styled with. I really loved this look by Karen Walker. She mixed the perfect amount of preppiness with hard core. Those red shoes pull the entire look together.

And then she pulled of my latest obsession with full monotone colors. I am totally enamored with grey on grey on grey! Of course she has some of her amazing sunglasses in the collection!!!! I sure would love a pair of those!

Rag and Bone hit the nail on the head with the mix of blacks and navys. People always ask me if this is okay, you know, to wear black and navy together... answer, it's not only okay it's amazing! This look in particular really touched a warm place in my heart. The layering is perfect and the addition of the leather collar not only lets you know she is serious but that she could also kick your ass! Leather has been all over the runways. From corset like dresses, bomber jackets, to those silly leggings, and subtle details.

I am very excited for the rest of the week. I will keep you updated on as much as possible. All photos are from style.com so you can always go and see entire collections there! enjoy.