Beatrice do the Watusi + women

arts for the hearts

Last night my husband and I decided to go and see the opening of the Visual Arts Gallery. Our dear friend Priscila Gonzales had two pieces there and boy were we impressed. I definitely suggest going to check it out. Visual Arts Gallery 610 West 26th street, 15th floor. Feb 6th-Feb 21st. Here are some of my favorites.

an amazing DVD they had playing called Inflatables by Joshua Allen Harris. They were creatures that were connected to the air vents above the subway and every time the trains came the animals sprung to life!

Priscilla and I in front of Lysistrata (Lysistrata is one of the few surviving plays written by the master of Old Comedy, Aristophanes. It's a comic account of one woman's extraordinary mission to end The Peloponnesian War. Lysistrata convinces the women of Greece to withhold sexual privileges from their husbands as a means of forcing the men to negotiate a peace, a strategy however that inflames the battle between the sexes). made from resin and collage. was hard to get a great picture of this cause my camera kept reflecting off the resin..

This painting by Sarah O'Donoghue really caught my eye. the colors are absolutely amazing and I love the shading and depth on the faces.